Friday, January 1, 2010

It is officially 2010

This New Year is already off to what I hope will be a great year. We were approved for our new home loan and will finally meet with a realtor this coming Friday. The projects around the house are coming along as planned and yes, I am feeling some pressure. I know that this move will be what is best for our family right now and am excited for a new adventure. Most of my stress comes from wanting this place to be perfect for the new family that will soon live here. It is funny, we don't officially have a house yet and I am okay with that. I know the Lord will provide what we need when the time is right. I hope our new place is somewhat smaller and has less major projects and more detail projects. Living in this house for the last 9 years has given me much insight into what I am looking for in a home. Less square footage is great if it has more live in space. The way I see it is, the smaller the house the less I have to clean, and that comes in handy when wanting to spend precious time with my kids before they are all grown up and off on their own.
I am sad that this winter break will soon be coming to an end. I love having my kids in the house. We have had a wonderful time visiting with all of our family. However, I especially missed my sister and brother- in- law this holiday season. If this year permits, I hope to spend this 2010 Christmas with them and my new niece puppy (sweet pea) whom I have yet to meet. There is only one more thing that would make things a little bit better and that is a less snow. Every time I think this stuff is about to melt away a new front rolls in and we get another 2 inches or so. Spring really can not come fast enough to the Kearney house hold. I have not had much time to give thought to my new years resolutions, but there are things I hope to get better at this year.
Wishing all of you a prosperous 2010.

Rhonda

4 comments:

Sima said...

wow, you use amazing words. They inspire me!

Rhonda said...

Sima, Thank you for reading my blog and the sweet comment.

shayster said...

wishing you luck in finding a home....Wished we could be neighbors!! Is there some farm land out here?

Rhonda said...

Shay, I am moving into town and did find a house if only this one sells fast enough. I will be closer for a while. Are you guys looking out of town? Might need some daycare tips. I am crazy for thinking this but, really feel like I might do daycare for a while. It will be most beneficial for Christyn and I will not have to take her to some preschool for socializing.