Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Santa has now officially been to the Kearney house and is very tired after his long journey to our living room. I seriously still can't believe that today is Christmas. This year has come and gone so fast that it is hard for me to wrap the idea around the year 2010. I did not accomplish half of what I set out to do this year, but I feel like 2009 was one of the busiest years I have had. The older I get the faster the years seem to slip by.
My mom is staying tonight and then we are off to my husband's family for Christmas evening. My family will be coming into town this Sunday and meeting after church for our gift exchange. I guess this year we are trying something a little different. My little brother wants to have a white elephant exchange. This is something I have yet to participate in so, I am not to sure what I am doing. Each one of us are suppose to bring a wrapped gift, even the kids and then the rest will be explained when we arrive on Sunday. Yesterday my little brother asks if I have time to make a mouse out of clay. He says just something small and similar to Timothy mouse from Dumbo so, I just spent the last 2 hrs. making a mouse. I sure hope what I made is going to work for whatever he is making and needs it for. I am sure there will be pictures of this crazy collaboration soon to come. I am picking gifts for myself and the two youngest ones and told the two older kids they need to try and come up with something on their own. My husband got right into this white elephant thing as soon as he realized how it was going to work. I'm not sure it is to fare that I know what he is bringing, but I did get a laugh out of it. I was surprised how creative he got with his gift. He boxed up some old arrow heads and other misc. hunting supplies and a very old bottle of Buck sent and some deer sausage. I on the other hand did not get that creative. I am making blueberry muffins for my daughter's white elephant and typing the her lyrics to "I'm getting nothin' for Christmas". She has the most adorable way of singing that song, and yes you guessed it she says muffins instead of nothin'.
Well it is after midnight and this Santa had better get some sleep for her busy day tomorrow. Wishing all of you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and a blessed holiday season.

Rhonda

No comments: