Saturday, August 13, 2011

Corn shucking babies

Let's see, well, things have been slowly progressing with my husbands arm and so he is still not working full time hours. Some weeks he doesn't even get to work at all. The last 2 weeks have been just that, him not working. He had an outpatient procedure this Thursday to take the pins out of his wrist. I hope this is just one step closer to this all being over with. The bone still isn't healing in the arm and may need a bone graph if we don't see some changes in the next few weeks. There is a whole lot of praying going on in the house right now. I'm not sure what we would do if he had to be out of work for another 6mos. Anyways, it's in the Lords hands and I have faith he will not give us more than we can bare.               
Wednesday our air conditioner quit working and we needed to have it serviced. The guy said he would be over on Thursday morning before the husband went in for surgery. Wednesday was also scout night and my primary meeting. I was asked to prepare sharing time for this week and wasn't sure if I could handle one more thing on my plate this week, but I agreed to do it anyways. On Thursday morning we got a call the corn was ready and could we come pick it. Oh great! The one thing I didn't want to do today was put up corn for hours. The kid and my husband went and picked corn and got back about 9:45 and at that time we got a call from the surgeon saying he was running ahead of schedule and could my husband be in at 11am instead of noon.  Sure,  hurry up and call my mother-in-law and she took him up there early. I was going to be stuck in the house all day putting up corn. Sometimes I wonder if it is worth all the work to prepare and can your own garden. I really love the stuff, but wish sometimes it was on my schedule and not mother natures. The kids did all the work shucking corn and that really helped. I didn't particularly love being up until 5am, but such is life. One of my daughters had a birthday party to go to, so I did some running while my son kept an eye on the girls. I think that is the first time I have ever left him alone to babysit. I really don't feel right about it. He said it was fine, but I really don't think kids need to babysit their siblings. I gave birth to these kids not him and he shouldn't have the responsibility of taking care of the little ones. Well, they all survived and the house wasn't burnt down when I got home. The two older kids started school on Friday and that was crazy. Why in the world does this stupid school start on a Friday and then to top it off they let the kids out at 1:45. One more thing that irritates me about this school. Rachael had a dentist appt. at 8am on Friday morning, so I didn't even get to see the kids off to school. The two little girls and I went grocery shopping after the dentist and I was so tired I could barely think. I felt like life was moving in slllooowww motion. I really was not prepared to be up all night doing corn. The guys had a Scout camp out on Friday night. They packed up and headed out after Brandon got home from school. The girls and I had dinner and cleaned up the basement all day on Friday. I have been working in the basement on and off all summer. I wanted to finally finish going through things and get it finished. I didn't quite make it. I woke up today and finished moving the last pieces of furniture and hung up a few pics and moved the treadmill. It really looks so much better down there. I wonder why I didn't do all this cleaning and de-cluttering sooner. The guys came home this afternoon and said they had an awesome time at the campout. I am so grateful each week for the decision we made to move wards and scout troops. My boys are just so much happier and are really making friends with these guys. It's late and I still need to finish up my sharing time, so it's off to work I go. Hope next week slows down just a tad. 

No comments: