Monday, July 11, 2011

4th of July




Sunday after church we headed over to my mom's. I packed up some sandwiches, tortellini salad, potato salad, baked beans, and a fruit salad. We went over to the park and played for a while. We didn't stay long. It was so hot and humid out that we had our picnic in mom's kitchen. My little brother showed up and ate dinner with us and we played a game of phase 10. At about 9:15 we headed out to find a spot to watch the city firework display. It was really nice to spend some time with my mom and brother.
We spent the 4th in our little town watching the parade, swimming in the pool, playing at the farm, and shooting fireworks at Grandma and Grandpa's. Not to much excitement, besides the occasional firework that went a stray while Phil was lighting them up at the farm. Wade's cousin's husband and his dad almost caught fire. I think we all were wondering who gave that guy a punk, for sure he did not have a license to shoot off fireworks. It was funny watching us all jump to our feet in fear, or that smoke bomb that smoked us right out of our chairs. At some point I think we should have passed out gas masks before the show and maybe a fire extinguisher on hand would have been a good idea. I made a few strawberry pies for the festivities and it was all gone by the time we packed up and headed home. My husband's cousin and her husband were able to be here and enjoy some of the festivities with us. They have had their motor home parked down the street from us. I think my kids love having them as neighbors. It seems, Rachael just assumes she can just go and visit any time she likes.

Rhonda

No comments: