Thursday, June 23, 2011

A little down time with some fishin' in the dark

June is almost over and it hasn't felt much like summer at all. The weather has been terrible, I'm working like crazy with no vacation in sight, and my husband just had another arm surgery on Monday. We are looking at 4-6 months of recovery before he can finally use his hand. Today, I came home from work and he was up and outside yelling at our kids. My son asked me, "Why can't the doctor put dad on drugs that make him happy, like they did for you when your back went out?". Yep, I was one happy camper, my kids said I would have let them do anything, because I was so out of it. My husband on the other hand has been a little grumpy these days, but the good thing is he is sleeping a lot, so we really don't have to put up with him too much. He is going to be out of work for at least 3 weeks which means, I better find him something to do or there is a possibility he might strangle some children.
I've signed up for 3 craft shows so far this year and I am finally getting motivated to get something done. I've been so busy that I haven't had much creative time. All this creativity in my head is ready to be unleashed or quite possibly my head will explode.
We have done some fishing occasionally on weekends this summer. Sitting out on the lake or river has honestly been something I look forward to. It's quiet, I'm with my family, and the scenery is breathtaking, really what more could a girl ask for. I like to take a my weekly lesson with me or a magazine and just lounge around and relax. I usually don't have good luck on the lake, but I have caught some nice ones on the river.






Rhonda


No comments: