Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's been a long time

I can't believe it has been two months since my last post. Crazy, how time flies. It really didn't feel that long. I have been posting projects over at my other blog, so if you are interested in seeing what I've been up to then check out Toadstool Cottage.
On to the last two months of my life. Spent Christmas at home this year and it was great. I did get to see my brothers and my mom and that was also great. My sister didn't make the trip this year, but hopefully we will be seeing her sometime this summer. New Years resolutions are going, but not as good as I imagined, so stepping up the work hours and getting in more running time next week. I was released from my Primary calling at church and had mixed feelings of joy and sadness. I loved working with the ladies in the presidency and the kids were totally awesome. I love that I have more time to spend with my own family and with work. I am surprised I have not received a new calling as of yet, but I'm not complaining. I am loving my work right now and excited for the new year ahead of me. I signed up for a local spring craft show and have a few other things in the works for consignment. Basketball season is almost over for my son and I know he will be all to excited when it is finally over.
I have been having some problems with the school lately and plan on speaking at the next school board meeting. My son is in 7th grade and came home two weeks ago and told me they were viewing a rated R movie in history. I was so furious. My son said he could not view the movie and had to sit outside the room. He felt like such an outcast. I am so proud of him, though. I know he will be blessed for the decision he made. What really made me upset was after two days they finally told the teacher she could not play the movie. Her words that she shared with the class after is what really got me angry. She said " she didn't care because she will be playing the movie next year.". I wish someone would have sent me a permission form or something before they planned on watching the movie. I would have kept my son home from school or picked him up during that period. Anyways, I will me taking my complaints to the board and pray that they all have values and see my side of things and are willing to make some changes before the rest of my kids are in this teacher's class.
I'm heading to Denver in the morning and I am totally excited. Just, me and my mom on a road trip to see my brother and his wife. Erika has a painting on exhibit and we really want to go check it out. Little brothers birthday is tomorrow and I baked him a German chocolate cake (his favorite) to celebrate. I better finished getting packed and get in the shower some time before midnight. I will be sure to post pictures when I get back.
Rhonda

No comments: