Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Rent-a-son


I was cleaning house today and noticing how exceptionally quiet it has been around here. The girls have not been crying and fighting and I have not yelled at anyone in days. With that note I must say I miss my son very much. I really am so bored without him here. There has been way to much girlie crafting, dress-up, candyland and many more princess games, and lets not mention the movies lately. I don't think I can handle one more Barbie movie. I think his dad misses him even more. Sunday after church the girls dressed dad up with glitter fabric and they were dancing around my mom's living room to Hilary Duff. My husband had that glitter in his beard for days. Started wondering if we could hire a rent-a-son for the week, just so things would seem a little more normal. 12 year old boy needed to terrorize 3 girls, drive one mother crazy, and driving along with one dad looking for deer.
I did take the girls to the park for a while, yesterday. Today it was raining, so we didn't get outside. I am counting down the days to play bionicles with my son and watch some good action movies and when I say action, I'm not talking Barbie 3 musketeers. Okay, this is a little selfish, but what I really miss is him taking out the trash, putting the dishes away, killing spiders, and most of all, running up and down the stairs to retrieve things, so this LAZY mom doesn't have to. I am anxiously counting down the days until Saturday.
Rachael has a play date tomorrow. It will be more dress-up and polly pockets, I'm sure. Liz has been working on a fashion design book all week and I get to give my expert advice (NOT) when needed. Then there's Christyn, she spends her days destroying anything in her path. I feel like I spend the day just following her around with a broom, a trash bag, and Clorox wipes. You just gotta love a busy toddler.
This Saturday starts my big adventure at my mom's house. She had textured wallpaper hanging in her bathroom and decided she didn't like it very much, so she tore it down. When the paper came off the wall, so did some of the drywall. I will be spending the weekend patching drywall and putting texture on the walls. Then next week I am tearing out the carpet and laying tile (really, why do people ever lay carpet in bathrooms). This will be my first time working with grout, so wish me luck, I think I'm really going to need it with this bathroom make-over. My mom and I went shopping on Monday and picked out the tile and some paint samples. We also went to Target and found a shower curtain and towels. I have some great ideas for accessories. We might also be changing out some lighting, so this will be a big project for both of us. I hope everything turns out pleasing to her. I'm really excited to get started. Those are not the only projects going on either. I just tore apart two chairs and I am ready to paint and upholster them. The chairs cost like $5 for both, but I am sure they are going to look FAB with white paint and white cotton duck fabric. I really wanted to use linen, but this mom is not crazy. I know my kids would just destroy them in weeks.

Rhonda

2 comments:

melane said...

sounds like you are going to be quite busy! BTW, does your hubby know you posted that pic? LOOL!!!!ROFL!!! You guys realy do need the boy back.

rayna said...

Wade looks ready to head to Afghanistan...should I book a flight?