Thursday, July 1, 2010

Gearing up for the 4th

Brandon is packed and ready for a week at Boyscout Camp. He will be gone for an entire week and over the holiday. This is the longest time I will be away from him. I am so excited for him and hope he has a great time. He almost did not get to go this year. I am so grateful for his friend Logan's, dad. He volunteered to be Brandon's chaperon, so he could go. I am going to miss this kid Bigtime. Last night we were sitting watching a movie and he gave me a foot message. What a great kid I have. Don't get me wrong he has his moments, but for the most part he really is a great kid.
Spent today cleaning and changing some things around in the house. We plan on attending a outdoor play tomorrow night and my mom is coming over this weekend, so I wanted the house ready for the holiday. We are not going to be doing much this 4th of July. My mom has a teenage neighbor boy who spent over $500 on fireworks. I'm sure we will have our bums planted on the curb in front of her house in AWE. Mom said he set one off the other day and the house shook. It's funny how frugal we become in our old age. I get upset with my husband when he spends more than $50 on fireworks. I can't imagine being a teenage kid and spending my summer working a job just to spend my entire paycheck on fireworks. Non the less, I'm glad this kid bought the fireworks and invited us over. I think we'll save our $50 this year.
My little brother and his wife will be swinging through sometime over the weekend and I hope we will get to hang with them for a while. Not much for big plans. It is a strange feeling that we don't have any vacation plans this summer. It has been a quiet summer STAYCATION, I have loved it, though. One great thing about staycations my house is clean and I love not having a job to report to. I stay up all hours of the night watching movies, playing with the kids, scrapbooking, and whatever else my little heart desires. I know I will miss this come the fall when I will be back to work again.

Rhonda

2 comments:

Kate said...

I am so glad that Brandon gets to go to Scout camp this year. My dad is pretty precious to do that. Hope all is well. <3 you!

Rhonda said...

Kate, Your dad is a pretty big HERO around here that is for sure.