Monday, June 21, 2010

Hangin' with my bro, evening fishing, and Sunday talks


My brother and Erika were in town this weekend. We went to town to visit with them and to meet their new puppy, Rooney. Rooney, is a sweet little puppy and very well behaved. The kids simply adored him. They took him outside and played fetch and Christyn gave him lots of love. My brother entertained the kids after our pizza dinner. He played Mario cart on the Wii and spun Rachael all around the room. She loves it when he throws her in the air and flies her like a bird. It was a nice quick visit with them and we were sure glad they made time to hang-out with us after rafting down the Platte River.
We also spent some time down at the lake on Saturday evening, fishing and playing at the park. We didn't catch anything, but did see some jumping. I think we all enjoyed it, non the less. I could have gone without all the mosquitoes, but I did enjoy watching the kids run about and do a little visiting with my mom.
My son gave a talk in sacrament meeting and my mom came to church to hear him speak. I was way proud of him and even got pretty teary eyed. He gave a great talk on Loving thy neighbor. I look at him and can't believe the last 12 years have gone so fast. He is almost a man and soon will be serving a mission. I am so blessed to have his tender little spirit a part of my daily life. This kid is always keeping me grounded and focused on being a good mom.

Hope everyone had a great weekend also
Rhonda

2 comments:

shayster said...

http://vimeo.com/11305685

shayster said...

That video was on my friends blog, I felt impressed to send it your way!