Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What a day!

Balsamic chicken and mushrooms with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed sugar snap peas

Woke up and got on the computer, nothing unusual there. Then I decided to edit and print off some pictures for a few hours. At about 10:30, I finally talked myself into jumping on the treadmill for 30min and while running I thought hey, while I'm all sweaty I should go mow the yard. I headed outside and mowed half the yard, cut down half a tree, so I could mow around it, moved some big stones into the flower bed, edged the sidewalk and front of the house, and then decided to take a break indoors, where it was cool. My break indoors was me doing dishes. There was a knock at the door and it was my son's play date. I visited with play dates mom for a short time, while her 2 little ones played on the trampoline (I was afraid to sit to close or down wind in fear of her catching a whiff of me). They left and I thought I would finally jump in the shower, when my husband pulled up and decided to beat me to the shower. Sat the 2 yr old on the toilet and changed over a load of laundry. I think it was 5pm by the time I finally took a shower. Got out of the shower did some more dishes and sat down to watch a movie with the girls (GIDGET). Read over a few art books and some kitchen renovation books. The movie was over and it was time to start dinner. Really, I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to cook a 2 hr. gourmet meal for dinner. While I was fixing dinner, I finished the rest of the dishes, cleaned off the counter tops, pulled a bee stinger from the 5 yr olds finger, tracked down an ant trail from the back door, switched over a load of laundry, yelled at screaming, crying kids, bandaged the 5 yr olds finger, and then wondered if this night would ever end. We finally sat down to eat at about 8:30pm and the dinner was delish, totally worth all the headache. I put the food away, did more dishes, and wiped down the counters, again (I really needed to clean the stove from boiled over potatoes). I went into the hall bathroom wiped up the floor from my son's shower, found a pair of poopy toddler underwear and scrubbed them out, not sure who put the underwear in the sink, so now I had to clean the sink and counters, thought while I was at it I should clean the toilet and mop the floor. I am now sitting here in some quiet and my daughter wants to watch part 2 of Gidget. Not sure what the rest of the evening will entail, but I will sure be glad when it is finally time for bed.

Rhonda

1 comment:

thoughts of a Wicked Stepmother said...

Thanks for including me for a moment! And for you other readers, she did well staying out of my wind, I didn't smell her at all...lol! Rhonda, you are so funny, and totally the bomb! If you don't believe me, ask my son. He will vouch.