Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Friendships along the way

We all have changing seasons in our lives and through those changes we see people come and go. I have to believe that all people are put in our paths for certain reasons. I recently have had to say good-bye to so many people in my life. Some good-byes are, because they have left this world, and some are, because they have moved far away, and some are, even because you have simply changed directions. I will miss those inspirational people who, it seems I have only had a short time to know. I recently said good-bye to a friend who has lived near us for 7-8 years, but I did not truly know until the last year and a half. I wonder why it took me so long to get to know this person, who altered my spiritual being for ever. Why did I not take more time to know her better? She is not the only one who I have had in my life like this. What is it with me that I can't extend friendship in fear of someone getting to know the real me?
So, this is for the friends that are still near by. I have a friend I have known for 15 or so years and she has come and gone through my life the entire time. I have to say there are times we are close and times I just can't seem to get in sync with her. It is funny to me that when we met, our lives were altered, because of our friendship. We were both young and single and had some same interests. We soon drifted apart and I had children and married and hardly heard from her. She moved far away and I was left to raise a family. We both were embracing different seasons in our lives. She now lives near by and has a family of her own. I am so grateful for that friendship that is still there. I love that we can still be honest with each other and laugh together. I often thought we had grown so far apart I could never find myself being friends with her like when we were young. I was wrong. Our lives are so different now, but our friendship is very much the same.
I hope that I can stop and take the opportunity to find more friends like this in my life. That no matter what season of life I am in I can still have those connections with them. Friendships are important to all of us. It is even more important than we know and this coming from a HERMIT. Our souls need others to share with and I am just saying, I am grateful for all the friendships that have come into my life for what ever reason.


Rhonda

3 comments:

a friend here and there. said...

I am grateful for the friendship we have too. You do know, 2nd saturday in Celestial Kingdom I am having a BB-Q your invited, so if our paths part again, it will be something to look forward to.

shayster said...

Rhonda,
I have seen you grow and flourish beyond imagination. You have touched my life. I feel I can be real with you and you help me heal!
God has truly blessed me with you. I am so sorry if I have ever caused you to be a hermit, I will try to be more positive! I know God put us together...why else were we VT companions, then I was your VT companion, and NOW we are companions again! God will make us be together! Because its real and needful! I LOVE YOU.....no matter what!

shayster said...

**oops.I meant your visiting teacher!