Saturday, April 10, 2010

Freeing!

What do you do on a friday night?
Well I spend the night de-cluttering my house. I have slowly been throwing things out left and right. Each day it is a box or two for garage sale and a bag or more to the trash. I like to think of myself as a pretty organized person, but tonight I realize there is still much I can do to be better at cutting down the junk.
I have motivated myself to get these things used up or they are out the door. The craft room has been the worse thing to deal with. Projects are just lying around unfinished and I promise I am finishing them so I can set them free.
It is nice to know how much we really do not need and how one can live with so much less stuff. We have had most of the house packed up when we thought we sold our house so, we all see how much we could do with out. I thought if I packed up everything there would be less to pick up, well that thought was false.
Truth be told there is a certain weight lifted when everything is in order and you know right where to go to find something. I hate it when I open a drawer and there is 10 of the same thing or there are broken pieces that I know will never get put back together. Why is it so hard to just cut those things loose? That is precisely what I am doing this weekend.
This has all just been a freeing experience.

Today I also finished the trim in the office closet and painted it. Thinking I might paint the room sometime this month. It really does not need it, but I think a new color might be fun.

My son has his first Young Men Stake Activity tomorrow. This is exciting and frightening at the same time. Where has the time gone? I can't believe how old I am getting and how much my kids keep growing. I hope he has a great time and meets lots of new friends.

Until next time
Rhonda

No comments: