Sunday, July 26, 2009

A peaceful home

The sweetest thing was said to me this evening. My little niece is staying with us tonight and I would like to share a little about our night and the things said. We picked Anna up at about 4:00pm and when we got home all of the kids played in the basement for a while and then asked if they could play outside. My kids know we don't play outside on Sunday's because, it is the Sabbath Day but, today I made an exception. I explained that we were not going to take off and ride our bikes to a friends house or walk down to the park, instead we can all play outside together as a family. The 4 girls played nicely together while Brandon ran around catching butterflies and I sat on the deck and watched everyone. Christyn decided the garden needed watering and made a big mess when she went face first into the mud. I brought her in and gave her a bath while I was waiting for dinner to get out of the oven. After Christyn's bath, Rachael then came in and needed a bath also. Dinner was now ready so, we all sat and ate together and the kids asked if they could go back outside. I had to tell them no because, it was now 8:30 and getting late so, I suggested we watch Charlotte's Web. Everyone was now excited and I sat with the kids and we started watching the movie. My son brought some of his soft no-dry clay out and the girls were making little clay snowmen when, I leaned over and told Rachael that I loved her so, very much. Her reply was I know mommy you love everybody. How right she is. The movie goes on and about 20 min. later Anna says to me " Aunt Rhonda, I love being here it is so quiet and peaceful. " My heart skipped a beat, I was so touched by her words. I would have never imagined those words coming out of a 6 year old mouth but, I am glad that people can come into our home and feel the spirit and have a happy feeling being here. My other thought is, how sweet it was that we were not doing anything out of the ordinary just being together and spending time as a family. I am so grateful for this little old house of ours and the safety and security it provides us with but, most of all I am grateful for the sweet spirit that resides in our home.

One more thing I must mention is, my house is a wreck. Nothing is clean and the furniture is sitting in the middle of the living room covered in sheets due to, painting projects going on. I have been stressed about getting all this done and had second thoughts about having Anna over. I am sure glad she is here and able to be with her cousins because, I know she doesn't care what my house looks like.

Rhonda

No comments: