Monday, November 23, 2009

Our days ahead of us

Yesterday, Brandon and 4 other young men had Priesthood preview. It was an emotional meeting for all of us. I am still in some shock that time has seriously went by this fast. My son is now twelve and receiving the Priesthood. I am so proud of him and the young man he has become. He is so extremely compassionate toward others and I admire that about him.

Today, I am having a lazy day, cleaning and getting Christmas decorations out. I love this time of the year. I know so many people say that, but I truly love it. I enjoy the extra time I have with my family, the smells of baking treats in the oven, and the sweet sound of music that celebrates the birth of Christ. I also love the extra service we are able to give during the holiday season. Service fills our spirits with gratitude. I enjoy seeing my kids think of others and what they can do for someone else. I wish I were wealthy and could deliver gifts to everyone, unfortunately I am not and can not. Every year our family prays for families we can serve and share with. We choose 4 or 5 families to deliver our well thought out gifts to and the best part is being able to do something for others as a family. I hope that it can be a tradition my children will carry on with their families. I never hear about what my kids want and they are more excited about what they can prepare and give to others.

On another note, still finishing up the trim work in the house. Finally finished painting the hallway. Have yet to put in the new door to the girls room due to it having to be ordered three times now. I am getting very impatient with the hardware store and just want a door. Finished some decorative projects and absolutely love how they turned out. I plan on posting lots of pictures of all the finished work. I will be almost sad to say goodbye to this home that I have worked so hard on. I just pray that some other family will love this home as much as I do. I think our family has finally come to a decision to move. We have seriously been debating on where. That is yet to be figured out. If we build our own home we will move further into the country and that means switching our school and our church. My kids love this ward we are in and I do also. I know that sometimes change is good and maybe it is time to move on. If we do not move to the country then we will be moving to town. I have already been pricing houses and looking around. I have had my eye on a few places some have sold and some have not. This Sunday we saw a house that I just fell in love with and was actually in our price range. I really want to wait until the end of the school year to move, but there is a part of me that says we should just jump in there and at least get this place up for sale, even though we are not finished with some things. Patients, Patients, Patients, really just trying to do what is best for our family and weighing all of our options.


Rhonda

No comments: