Tuesday, June 9, 2009

New message center

This is the new message center I created. I took this old door off a house on some land my in-laws bought. It had such wonderful detail to it that i just could not bare to see it destroyed. I scrubbed it up tore out the window and painted a piece of MDF board with chalk board paint. The detailed ledge is perfect for chalk and eraser. My kids just love it and I wake up to all sorts of sweet messages. As you can also see I have finally finished putting up some of the wainscotting. I am in love with how it looks next to our new dinning room floor. This corner was quite a headache trying to figure out how to tie it into the kitchen and living room but, we finally figured out a plan and it came together nicely...I think.
happy decorating
Rhonda

1 comment:

shayster said...

these are awesome!!! I love little "gifts" from God